Oops! A Facebook Connect glitch-slash-bug banjaxed some of the world wide web’s major players yesterday, redirecting their sites to a Facebook error page. Websites that suffered a wipeout included CNN, NBC News and AOL’s Huffington Post. The Verge reported that its sister sites Polygon andSBNation had also taken one for the team. The problem seemed to be for people logging in to other sites via Facebook.
Never underestimate the power of Facebook, o beloved firms who allow your users to connect via the Facebook platform. The firm filed a document(.pdf file) for the SEC last week which stated that 50 million pages and 10 million apps are hooked up to the social network.
Why do so many people give up their traffic…why let FB own the data?
- wuat likes this
- dxp2 likes this
- occultagendas reblogged this from fastcompany
- jinkiesitssara reblogged this from fastcompany and added:
- adrockmedia reblogged this from fastcompany and added:
- deanchristopher reblogged this from fastcompany
- digithoughts likes this
- This was featured in #Tech
- wbez reblogged this from fastcompany
- dynamicassetrecovery likes this
- aanwar likes this
- naleysbitch likes this
- ghse likes this
- pescadeportiva likes this
- fastcompany posted this